We are delighted to confirm the First Close of our second Software Scale-Up fund, Frog European Growth II (FEG II), which we are targeting to exceed €150m at Final Close.
In January, we launched the new fund at a breakfast event hosted at Amazon’s London HQ. The event was an opportunity for our guests to not only learn about our new fund, but also to hear engaging talks from our speakers on the key themes behind our new fund – Digital Infrastructureand Smart Data.
Here are some quick highlights of the event:
The new fund follows the same strategy as the first (FEG I), which is performing well. We were delighted to be awarded Unquote’s recent VC & Growth Equity House of the Year, and be shortlisted for Exit of the Year by Investor Allstars.
We pose the challenge, ‘How do you ensure all the start-ups you back convert into successful businesses?’
We focus 100% on investing capital and expertise in European, Software enabled Scale-Ups with an average of €5m of revenues. Our operational support and unique Scale-Up Methodology are themes of growing industry importance.
Our growing list of companies are gaining promising momentum.
- Modulr, the B2B payment platform for digital businesses, was recently awarded £10m as part of the hotly contested RBS Alternative Remedies capital allocations
- McMakler has become the stand-out German PropTech scale-up, having just raised €50m in Series C and already the 4th largest real estate agency in the region
- Azimo, one of Europe’s leading digital money transfer platforms, was recently named in the FinTech 50
- Smart Data – businesses delivering competitive insights
- Digital Infrastructure – companies offering disruptive efficiency
Scaling a company from 50 to over 500 people is very intense. CEOs are increasingly looking to partner with specialist investors like Frog who have been through this phase before and can help avoid the pitfalls experienced by others.
Frog’s Scale-Up Methodology is a framework of tried and tested best practice across day-to-day execution, forward planning, and long-term business resilience. They use this throughout the investment cycle, from deal selection to activated value-add by their in-house operating partners and network.
About the author
Mike launched Frog in 2009, after seven years in industry and 12 years at 3i. He represents Frog on the boards of Clue, Evotix and Modulr.